We build websites, custom Social Networks and Content Management Systems (CMS) using Drupal. Drupal is a popular PHP-based open source Content Management platform. It is typically used for community-driven websites and is capable of supporting some of the largest websites on the internet such as Sony, MTV, the UN, Hilary Clinton, Playstation, Ecademy, Second Life Linden Labs, NATO and NASA.
Drupal includes common functionality such as user login, access control, search, hacker prevention capabilities, and more. On top of Drupal’s “core”, we can install and configure additional modules that allow much more functionality. These might include email newsletters, social networking features, event calendar, blogs, etc.
Drupal CMS has built a reputation of innovation, stability and malleability that is unmatched. Drupal boasts thousands of modules for almost any type of digital presence, with a focus on personalization, community building and social tools.
EtonDigital Drupal Social Networking services:
- custom Drupal social networking module development
- Drupal theme design
- content creation (Advanced page creation)
- forms to collect any data you need to drive your business
- Drupal based Social Networks and online communities
We recommend Drupal because projects created with it tend to be flexible, maintainable and extensible.
- Personalization – tailor content and presentation based on user-defined preferences.
- Searching – all content is fully indexed and searchable.
- Feature modules – enable optional functionality such as taxonomy display, jabber authentication, private messages, bookmarks, and more.
- Role-based permissions – assign permissions to roles and group similar users by role to simplify access administration.
- Collaborative books – set up a project or “book” and authorize other individuals to contribute content.
- Friendly URLs – content editors can customize URLs to be user and search engine friendly.
- Completely Web Based – No client software installs required.
- File Sharing – Upload and share PDF’s, Word docs, and other “non-Web-native” content.
- Rich Text Editing – Simple browser interface for authoring styled text, links and images. If you know Word, you know Drupal.
- Subscriptions – Get notified whenever something changes.
- Moderated Content – Allows submitting new content to queues for approval before committing.
- Event Calendars – See upcoming events, get reminders.
- Syndication and Aggregation – RSS compatible subscription from various sources and dynamically aggregate and update them.
- Community Features – Blogs, Photo galleries, Threaded discussion forums, Polling, Personal profiles, everything you’d expect in a fully functional web community.
Drupal Basic Social Network requirements:
- multi-user blogs: enabling Drupal’s core Blog module allows each member to create their own blog
- buddylists: enabling the contributed BuddyList module allows members to add each other to their buddy networks
- bookmarks: enabling the contributed Userlink module allows members to add their own bookmarks
- geocoding: enabling the contributed Location module allows members to specify their location at registration
- member profiles:
- avatars: enabling Drupal’s core User settings and contributed Imagecache module allows members to upload their avatar image, which is resized and cropped, and displayed with their comments
- additional information at registration e.g. first name, last name, interests: enabling the contributed CCK module allows additional fields to be associated with content types. The contributed Location module is also used.
- member listing: enabling the contributed Views module allows the administrator to create criteria dependent lists of specific node types and their fields
- forums: enabling Drupal’s core Forum module allows for multiple discussion forums
- contact: enabling Drupal’s core Contact module allows members to email each other via forms submitted on the site
To receive a quote for Drupal Social Networking sites development in London, Slough, Windsor, Maidenhead, Reading and all around United Kingdom, please return the brief questionnaire to get the process started.