Why do we love PHP frameworks?
Besides our personal preferences, there are many reasons to choose a PHP framework. PHP frameworks offers a highly functional environment with tools designed to enable developers to create a custom solution that meets the needs of the project. How? From our experience, fast, and efficiently.
Moreover, if you choose it, you know you are in good company as the number of websites and applications of all sizes and of all types are built on PHP frameworks. So, if we were to quickly summarise why we use PHP frameworks, we can explain it in one sentence:
The most modern principles and patterns in the Web development
What hides behind?
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Clear and consistent standardisation
- Widespread ecosystem
- Very active and dedicated community
- Great documentation
- Knowledge sharing
- Opportunity to bring back to the community
What about Symfony? The framework has been released in late 2005, and ever since it has been one of the leading frameworks used for developing different web projects. Starting from the simple web programs to RESTful programs, extensive portals, and CMS systems, Symfony is a full-stack framework that can be used to create any project.
Symfony PHP is a great option for any project that comes to your mind. Some people use an interesting comparison of Symfony and LEGO blocks explaining that you can use its bricks to make endless combinations.
Here is an infographic to help you understand the characteristics of the best PHP framework.
PHP frameworks can bear the weight of large systems with millions of users and websites with massive traffic.
Before choosing the framework, ask yourself the following:
- What are the features and functionality of the framework?
- Does it offer what I need?
- How scalable is the framework?
- Is the PHP framework actively developed and maintained?
- Does the framework provide long-term support?
- Does the framework have a strong community?